What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yet another midwife...

Today was Rachel's turn to visit me, she was lovely, all concern and encouragement following yesterdays trauma. Once again she voiced the general opinion that this is not an easy thing to be doing - motherhood - its a huge learning curve and I really need to stop beating myself up. She actually got me laughing at myself. Hearing the sound of my own laughter was actually a bit of a shock, I don't think I've laughed for days!

I'm sore, I'm hormonal, I've huge boobs, that feel like rock and I'm supposed to be rational!

Solace is found in Dylan's face, I know he's not really smiling, it's wind, but whenever he does his little grin my heart sores and I know I have to keep trying.

No comments: