What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Where went the week?

Oh my, this week has just flown by. Dylan and I have started to settle into a routine, feeding has become easier - my boobs have finally reduced down to their normal proportions and Dylan can latch on. The lansinoh cream has also helped with the latching on. Occasionally there is a little bit of pain but on the whole we are doing good.

When I think back to the last two weeks I have to laugh at my own insecurities. I guess this road is going to make me re-address lots my preconceived beliefs on a lot of things.

Dummies being one. Up till Tuesday I was adamant that Dylan would not be given a dummy, but mum brought some, just in case on Sunday. I sat there rolling my eyes and said "he isn't going to have a dummy, how many times do I have to say this". Then Sunday and Monday hit along with a cold (for both of us) and Dylan suddenly developed into this crying, sucky baby who couldn't be consoled no matter how we held or rocked his wee body.

Mum took the dummy from the packaging and slipped it into his mouth, peace reigned and has ever since - One more lesson learnt!

No comments: