What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pooh olive oil and milk!

Well just wanted to blog about the fun of nappy changing. The book says "the first few days baby will produce a dark, thick substance called meconium". This stuff is wicked! Its like some alien substance and its hard to believe that this little tiny baby can produce this much of it!!!

Nappy changing in itself is something I've never really done before. I remember changing my dolls as a child, but Dylan is far more wiggly and seems to grow additional limbs, which constantly find their way into what ever is inside his nappy. Im using wipes like they are going out of fashion and although we brought re-usable nappies I have to admit that having to deal with all the feeding, changing and stuff Im loving the ease of disposables.

Pauline, the current community midwife who is looking in on us, has also asked me to rub Dylan in olive oil, his skin is really dry on his hands, feet and head, it looks quite sore but she assured me that it was fairly normal for late babies. I had to remind her that he was actually a day early.
Perhaps he was late, who knows, all I know is that last night my milk seemed to come in. Dylan was feeding and suddenly his little face changed and from a slow steady suck he began chomping frantically, his eyes alight. He must have been on for about 2o mins. I felt like I had finally succeeded in feeding him.

I'm a mommie!!!

No comments: