What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oww - Why is there no big book?

Just when I think I have it sussed my wee man changes the rules and I'm left floundering again. For the last couple of weeks - months - we have had a kind of routine. From Dylan's perspective it goes something like this:

Wake at 7ish, feed and get my nappy changed. Mommie has breakfast, I go in my bouncy chair. We play.
9 oclockish - tired eyes, yawning - Nap time. Usually for 30 mins.
10.15: Feed time,
10.30: My favourite time of the day - NAKED TIME! I wiggle and giggle, jiggle and squirm, I usually wee all over the mat, preferably if mummy isn't looking.
12ish: Tired eyes, yawning, start to snuggle with mommie, but generally get put in the cot. Hmm big sleeps time.
2pmish: I'm awake mummy - come get me.
2.30: Feed time, nappy change, bit of NAKED TIME, play time!
4pmish - tired eyes, yawning - Hmmm a quick nap please mommie.
5.15: Yummy more milk please, then sing to me again. Where's Ollie, My teeth hurt, Snuggle!
5.45: Here comes daddy - He's so silly.
6ish Bath time with Daddy - Boy I like to splash.
6.15: More milk mummy.
6.30: Story time - what's Winnie the pooh up to tonight?
7ish: Boy I'm tired - show me to the bedroom mamma.

All sounds fairly perfect and I have to say that I was feeling a little smug. This last week though he had decided to completely change the routine, he wakes when he was sleeping, he fights the sleeping, crying and tensing his body till he goes red in the face and his feeding is nothing but sporadic and erratic.

I'm not sure what to do. Just let him go through the phase or try to instill the old routine. The thing that's really got me concerned is that he only put an ounce on this week.

Where is my big "this is how to bring a baby up" book!!!!

No comments: