What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Scent of a mommie

Ive been on holiday for the last week or so. I intended to get the DIY in the house sorted: paint the hallway, get the laminate put down upstairs in the hall, replace the stair carpet, move Dylan out of the little box room into the big room, finish off the bathroom, kitchen and finally decorate the spare room.

Sadly - as is the way with plans - Dylan went down with the mother of all colds and my mum also suffered. With a very clingy baby and no childcare the plans went kinda to pot, but I did get the hallway painted and Dylans room, if I say so myself its very cute with a fishy feel.

Dylans cold though really held things up and I did, at times, begin to fret about my lack of movement foreward.

However I just had to blog about a little event that happened cause it sums up for me the closeness of us. Dylan, with his cold and chest infection was very poorly last Wednesday, so poorly infact that he even made himself sick trying to get settled. Eventually both of us lay in bed, he smothered vicks and me with worry.

Lying cuddled into him I hit upon an idea to help him breath and smothered myself in tiger balm, suddenly my cuddly baby was a screaming, spewing wreck. I hurried into the bathroom and washed off the tiger balm, then thinking my smothering idea was a good one, I covered myself in vicks, after all its a bit softer than tiger balm and Dylan was also smothered in it. I got into bed thinking "good thinking mommie" but nope, once again Dylan began kicking and crying, actually pushing me away, hitting me and getting himself into a right state.

Once again I headed into the bathroom and washed off the vicks, not sure what to do for Dylan I climbed back into the bed and pulled the frustrated Dylan towards me, he snuffled into my chest, stroked my face and then fell into a deep, deep sleep.

Just goes to prove that nothing beats the scent of a mommie.

No comments: