What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Thursday, August 31, 2006

House sitting - 1

This morning I joined Annette (NCT Gang) at her house for my "induction" session. She showed me all the basic stuff - how to work the expresso machine, where the cats food is kept and the puter.

For the next three weeks Dylan and I are going to be house sitting for her, Orla and Tom when they return to Switzerland to visit parents and family.

Its a lovely old fashioned house with high ceilings and wooden floors. Its going to be most strange living in a proper house but have to admit that the bath situation is most tempting!

I've promised not to obsessively clean - but to read and watch movies and just relax. Lets see how long I can keep to that one! My only real "duties" are to feed the Mr Fosses (the cat) twice a day and put the bins out for Wednesday morning.

Dylan will be sleeping in Orla's big cot, practice for his own and I will have a full sized double bed to stretch myself out in - ahhh the decadence of it all.

No comments: