What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Sunday, March 30, 2008

We went a visiting.

This weekend, with Keefe away in London, I decided to pack up the car and head over to visit Shaun and Jo - we've not been over to see them since October last year and I love spending time with Jo, she is just so easy going.

Dylan spent the morning with Pops (My dads current name) Ludden whilst I did 'sing and sign'. I came home to find a very happy wee man lying on the sofa with a grin on his face. Dylan was pretty happy too. They had been down on the beach, getting very wet.

Putting a tired we man into the car I headed off to Cumbria, the traffic was actually pretty good and we made great time. Dylan was asleep by the time I hit the end of my road and didn't wake up until we hit the beginning of Jo and Shaun's. What a great way to travel - get in the car, go to sleep, wake up and "hey presto your there".

Jo was her normal gorgeous welcoming self. Dylan walked into the house, through the living room into the kitchen, pointed out the back and said "Cows, outside". Which yes, there were. HE REMEMBERED!!!

My inability to pack properly meant that we had to pop into Cockermouth to buy a coat! Coat picked up we headed off to Georgina's, a friend of Jo's from work. Georgina has chickens! Need I say more! Dylan had a fantastic time and Georgina made us really welcome, we had tea and cake and Dylan was allowed to pick his own egg from the coop for breakfast. He was such a little charmer and made himself totally at home!

Sunday we spent with Jo, as Shaun was working. We went for a gorgeous walk in the morning, in search of cows, the lane we walked down was full of puddles and mud and Dylan stomped through each and every one. We saw lambs, Dylan was over the moon he actually signed "Baby" and "sheep" - hmm was Dylan over the moon or was I.

With wellies full of water and mud we headed home for a morning nap - it didn't happen.

So instead of Jo cooking I took her up to the villages local to see what they offered for Sunday lunch. From the outside its a really rough little pub, I was kinda expecting the place to go quiet as we entered, with the swoosh of the pub doors the only thing we could hear, but instead we got a welcoming "hello" from the bar man.

We ordered drinks and Dylan took charge. He played on the bar stools, investigated the tables and got the bar man to play "boo" with him. The food was fab and even with Dylan doing his little hooligan bit, we had a very lovely time.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with the obligatory snooze in front of the "real coal fire", making cornflake chocolate crunchies, finding cows and investigating Shaun and Jo's allotment - A pretty full day.

Investing Shaun and Jo's allotment area

Dylan put his coat on by himself, once he had it on I couldnt get him to take it off - I had to do it up for him!!!

Hmm someone should have told me I have my coat on back to front.

By the time I eventually got Dylan into bed I was more than ready for the warmth of the duvet myself.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ahhh.. your wee man is soooo cute! Glad you had a good time honey.hhx