What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Friday, February 09, 2007

Work - its a big yes

Well I went into work and it wasnt too bad, it was actually quite good. I talked to Mick and laid all my cards on the table. I told him how I felt and asked for his help and support. We talked lots and were open and and grown up about the whole thing.

Not sure if it was the depression clouding my view, or just fear, but Mick was actually lovely and made the whole process of coming back really easy. He isnt the bad guy I was fighting with last year. Perhaps as Ive found myself again my perceptions of people will change. My first week was actually enjoyable, I felt as if I could do it.

Dylan loved spending his time with Nanny San and I so looked forward to seeing him after a days work. Our days off were spent just enjoying being with each other.

Say hello to the new positive Shannon. Part time ICT Tutor and full time mommie.