What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Its been a strange old couple of weeks.

God I don't even know where to start with this one. I'm suddenly the bitch from hell and I don't know how I got here.

Jo and Lynne have both sent me to "Coventry", I would laugh if it were not so hurtful. I got a most vitriolic letter from Jo calling me a nutter and telling me I drink too much, that I'm a self centred soul who turns everything into a me situation.

I'm not going into it to much, but sorry to turn this situation into a me situation, I'm really hurt that Ive been villainised (Sp) this way. I'm left trying to explain to Dylan why he can't go across and play with his friend Ryan, Lynne has made it clear that we are not welcome, and it hurts so much.

The morning of the funeral the card to the flowers I brought for Ron, was thrown across the fence. Jo's letter made it perfectly clear that I was not welcome at the funeral.

I want to sell up and move out of the area. I felt alone and very unsure of myself. What did I do wrong to bring such hatred to my door. Where did I go wrong? Am I really such a nasty drunken bitch, who is self involved and attention seeking?

Please don't answer that, I'm not sure I can read the replies!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sweetheart, you may not have done a thing. When people lose someone so close to them it hurts, and they may strike out, they may push everyone away. There may be no rhyme nor reason to they who's or the why's. And basically life is not fair, and it stinks. But it is not you, it is them.

I appreciate that you feel bad for Dylan, and you want to protect him from everythig nasty and un fair in life but this is part of life and he will have to deal with it one day, even if it is just some nasty little oik in a playground takes away his ball.

Also don't forget that these people have only seen you since you and Dylan moved in there. You had just had a baby, had to move house, and were busy going through a divorce, oh and were trying to sort out a pig of a job, all of which are individually up there on the top ten most stressful things, so maybe you (encouraged by them) talked your problems through, and maybe there was some wine involved. But at the end of the day, if it had been that which had upset them, then they should have said something to you, quietly, politely and at the time. Only you can decide if you want to try and rekindle some relationship with these women or put it down to another of lifes experiences and remember the happy times, but move on (figureatively speaking). Big hugs.xx

Unknown said...

Jeezus! That's horrible. Sorry to hear.

Shannon said...

hey guys thanks for comments, Heidi you are always so full of good sense. Thanks!

D-Man, it is, but its getting better.