What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Friday, February 17, 2012

Sleep really is the answer to all my problems.

I've had two nights of drug induced sleep, and I'm not saying this works for everyone, but I feel great. This week, my week off from Sing and Sign, I've had a cold, a sore throat, an ear infection and generally felt like a piece of chewing gum on the bottom of someone's shoes.

Dylan left for Keefe's on Wednesday, and I spent the day cleaning - just the usual household chores. I could have done something wonderful like walking along the beach, going into Northumberland, read a book that enlightened me, but life still goes on and my floors really did need cleaning.

So one Wednesday night I combined two tablets I've been prescribed to help me sleep, but were not working on their own and bam! - sleep!, 9 hours of sleep. No dreaming, no flashbacks, no pondering on the minutiae of life at 3am in the morning. I woke yesterday morning and found that I had some energy, something I've been missing in the mornings. Once again I chose to ignore the wonders of outside and did the ironing, yeah I know, but I like ironing so it was a bit of a stress buster for me.

The day passed with my ear ache recurring and I cancelled a Sing and Sign class, it made me feel crap, so to boost my mood I changed the beds, cleaned my windows and scrubbed the bathroom till it sparkled. Then I run a really hot bath, took my drugs and read for an hour... no sleep. I read for a further hour and then I woke up this morning at 3.30. Turned off the light, put down my book and then went back to sleep. I woke again at 7.15 and since then I've not stopped. But I did sit down just now with a bacon omelette a cup of coffee and listened to the radio! Kairos moments!

No comments: