What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!!

  • The Happiness Project

Friday, March 05, 2010

Its been 4, FOUR, years.

Yes I mean it! And bless me for saying this what a four years!

I woke on Wednesday morning, without the little bloke, he was at his dads. And I thought, my god this time four years ago I was screaming for drugs! So what has changed!

Ive taken on my own business, my house was burnt down and rebuilt, I lost my licence for drink driving, went through a major depression and climbed, with help from good friends and my family from a very deep whole.

Im still crawling along the ground, and at times it feels like nothing has got any better, but they are the times when I allow myself to I crawl back into the whole and weep, then I find myself sitting in the dark, and I think.... "bugger me" and I climb back out and rejoice in what I have, who I have!

Im still finding it hard to contact friends I ran away from, if your one of them I will call, those I have managed to get back in touch with, thank you for being on the end of the phone when Im drunk and your asleep. Life does go on, it does, and is getting better.

Everyone I know seems to have gone through some sort of "shit" this last year, so Im here, wishing you and everyone you love a fantastic 2010. Raise your glass with me and say, "This year, it can only get better".

From me to you, loving life and feeling like its all change, its all good, now where is that wine glasss!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believein the 3 F's... Friends, Family and Focus! That has pretty much got me through life and the bizzare thing is that most friends have no idea how much they are helping or even that they helped at all.... Family - need I say more? And then FOCUS.. you have your business that will keep you going (and of course Dylan, but he falls under Family). I discovered hiking and now have the whole world to see from a totally new angle... and guess what? It's amazing!!! xxxx =0)